Saturday, April 26, 2008

Another mishmash of projects

I've actually been making significant headway on my projects. I've come to the realization that it's projects get done when... gasp... you don't have as many on the go at once! :) I currently have:

A sweater (Central Park Hoodie)


(coming along nicely, might even wear it before fall!!)

A hat for my friend's baby (due end of May)


A prayer shawl (there is a group of ladies at church who get together and knit them for people who are ill. Awesome.)


A moebius bag... Just working on the pocket and then it will be ready to felt!! :)


I need to start one more project to replace the lovely pair of "Ridgeline socks" I finished (from Cat Bordhi's New Pathways in Sock Knitting with by the way is my new favorite book!)


I must take a minute to say that I really really love knitting socks. You can make them in bright crazy colours (I wouldn't ever wear a shirt with those stripes) and you can do the most intricate pattern of lace or cables without feeling overwhelmed by the size of the project or embarassed to wear the end product. I've always liked cool socks so now I can knit my own! The only problem is which sock pattern do I start next? What do you folks think?

Looking back on that list it does seem like a lot of different things... but variety is the spice of life you know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the socks!! You will just have to teach me how to do it!

The other projects have come a long way since I saw them last! I really like the moebius bag!

wow i had an overabundance of exclamation points in the last few sentences so i will compensate by not using any punctuation on this sentence

Maria

Melanie said...

I also fell in love with the Fruit Loop socks you just queued on Ravelry... My vote for your next socks goes to that pattern!

Cheers,
Melanie