Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Finally spring!!!

I'm sitting on my balcony, soaking in the sun. It's finally spring.

Admittedly, spring in manitoba isn't the prettiest thing you ever saw. Kind of dusty and brown and drab. But the blue sky and the warm sun really make me believe that summer is just around the corner. And I just saw a couple of butterflies flitting on the balcony just below mine! Hooray!

Spring also means time for spring knitting! Woo!

I've got a pair of "Spring Forward" socks on the go.


And I just bought some 100% silk yarn from the newly reinvented Ram Wool Yarn Co-op (much appreciation goes to my former co-workers who sent me off with a gift cert! I currently have no other yarn money...). It's going to be a lacey "Delphine" top from French Girl Knits (also in IK Spring 2009).

I've never worked with pure silk before. This will be fun!

Maybe the pool will even be open soon... that might be wishful thinking though...

No comments: