Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well it's 2010, and it's the middle of another cold Manitoba winter. What is a girl to do? Knit of course! And maybe a little spinning...

I was to busy knitting Christmas gifts (and studying!) to blog in December. But I'm ringing in the new year with small finished item:

An iPod cozy for the iPod touch I got for Christmas!!
I made it from yarn I spun on my spindle!!! YAAAAA!

I also got a new camera, with which I took these yarny photos :)


(Mirasol Miski, for an Incognito neckwarmer that hubby insisted I make for him)


(A lace shawlette I'm working on. Laminaria. Malabrigo baby lace. Mmmmmm.)

Also the alpaca knitting is going along smoothly. I'm making a little something special for my alpaca farm buddies. Shhhhh it's a secret!



I ordered some hand-dyed fibre from the Sweet Sheep. If this keeps up I might have to change the name of my blog to something like: allison's everything-to-do-with-woolly-goodness addiction...

I may also have to add hand-dyeing to the list of fibre-y things. I got some baby alpaca lace at the Woolly Bullies xmas swap that is calling my to dye it a lovely raspberry red!!! hmmm maybe some cheerful kool-aid will make me feel like it's summer...

No comments: