Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holiday knitting and spinning

We went for an early Christmas holiday this year to the west coast. My husband's family lives in BC and Oregon. We had a lovely visit. :)

I saw some beautiful scenery:


And there was yarn and fibre:

(Merino Silk top and handyed sock yarn by Alexandra's Crafts)


(Superwash Merino Top from my niece! She knows me well ;)


And then I met the woman who is partly responsible for my spindle addiction:


This is Wanda Jenkins of Jenkins Woodworking. Her husband makes turkish spindles, of which I have 5. We had a lovely time! Thanks Wanda!

I also managed to finish gifts for my dad and brother (photos to come).

And finish my Laminaria Shawlette. LOVE it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The two scenery pictures are beautiful - especially the snowy one. Hmm, maybe that's cuz we don't have snow.

Heehee, we both posted the same picture.

Love your Luminaria Shawlette, it turned out great and you wear it well.