Monday, April 9, 2007

The Start of an addiction

When I was a kid, I used to do all sorts of crafts. Cross stitch, foamies, painting, drawing, pottery. I tried crocheting (I ended up with one very long chain). I also picked up a pair of knitting needles.

I knit one mitten.
It was hot pink. (ah... the 1980's)
By the time I finished it I didn't like hot pink anymore so it remained a lonely mitten, never worn. I'm not even sure where it is right now...

Then I started highschool, and after that university. My creative outlets were clogged with homework and social activities.
Near the end of my university degree, some of my terms were work terms. I found I had more time on my hands and was bored.
I decided once again to pick up the needles.

I made a dish cloth..... and then a scarf (there may be another post about scarves...) for my now husband.

That was a year and half ago and now I've lost count of the number of projects I've completed. (Yes I actually finish projects!!!!). I accomplished one thing in particular that makes me proud though....

I made 4 pairs of mittens in a little over two months! :)

Stay tuned for photos and updates on my current projects along with insightful tidbits about knitting!

Alley- The Knitting Addict

No comments: