Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lace Marathon

So I came up with this brilliant idea to knit the Boxleaf Wrap from knitspot to wear to my friend's wedding. I don't have any "dressy" knits and my wardrobe of dressy clothes is looking a little shabby.

That sounds like a plan, you say. When is wedding? July? August? That would give me plenty of time!

Nope.

May 23, 2009.

I've never given myself a knitting deadline before... I feel a little like the Yarn Harlot at Christmas. But I usually do my Christmas knitting well in advance.

Here's the break down:

Whole Shawl= 20 pattern repeats
One repeat= 20 rows (every other row is a purl), 75 stitches across
Estimated time to knit one 20 row repeat=2hrs
Repeats completed= 3
Start date= April 30.
Deadline= May 22 to allow blocking time.
So...


Basically I need to knit for 2 hrs per day to complete one repeat per day, every day and I would finish by the 19th. Yeah.... I'd better go knit some more...

Think I can do it?

No comments: