Sunday, February 28, 2010

And CANADA takes GOLD!!!!!

Well the olympics are officially over. I feel such as sense of pride. Team Canada really did an amazing job on home turf. 14 Gold medals, 26 overall! I feel so happy to live in this great country :)


Though it doesn't compare to the trials and triumphs of the athletes, I completed my socks tonight while watching the closing ceremonies.


There were a few set backs early in the first week. I had to rip back the snowflake bit on the first sock and re knit it on bigger needles. And today I ripped back and redid the first toe. But I persevered and the really are the perfect Canadian socks :)

It's been a great Olympics, Canada! Good work!

1 comment:

Sourire11 said...

Hi! I found you blog through the Yarn Harlot's list of competitors and just wanted to say GREAT SOCKS!!! And Congrats on your gold!